Alberta Criminal Defence Lawyers
Joel Chevrefils of Alberta Criminal Defence Lawyers is a Calgary born and raised criminal defence lawyer committed to assisting you with any criminal charges brought against you by the State. Joel is an active member of the legal community and a member of the Law Society of Alberta, the Calgary Defence Lawyers Association, and the Calgary Bar Association. Alberta Criminal Defence Lawyers is proud to be affiliated with Dunn & Associates. Joel focuses primarily on offences including assault and other forms of violence, impaired driving, dangerous driving, drug possession, theft, and criminal mischief but he has the skills necessary to work on any case that requires a criminal defence lawyer. Joel works passionately on his client’s behalf and has an impressive history of past clients walking away without conviction. Mentored by some of Calgary’s best and longest-serving legal minds, Mr. Chevrefils has made a name for himself and continues to establish the Alberta Criminal Defence Lawyers brand across the province.
There are over 70 court locations across the province of Alberta. While our criminal lawyer Calgary primarily serve clients in Calgary and the surrounding areas, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Fort MacMurray, and Red Deer, we will appear in courts all over the province and occasionally in British Columbia and Saskatchewan.
Alberta Criminal Defence Lawyers focus primarily on driving offences, assault offences, and drug offences. Driving offences may include everything from impaired driving to leaving the scene of an accident and driving while disqualified. Common assault offences are domestic violence, assault with a weapon, aggravated assault, and asexual assault. In addition to these, we will represent you for any criminal offence charge, including fraud, criminal mischief, and murder.
Before you decide you can’t afford a lawyer you should go talk to a few of them. Most criminal defence lawyers will, and should give you a free initial consultation. During that consultation, you will have an opportunity to decide if you want this person representing you, and you can and should discuss fees. Every lawyer has a different set up for their retainers (initial non-refundable deposits) and additional fees required for representation. You might be surprised to discover that you actually can afford a lawyer based on the fee set up discussed. More importantly though, you should look at a criminal defence lawyer as an investment in yourself and your future and in yourself that is worth paying for. If you are truly in a position where you cannot afford a lawyer, there are services out there to assist you in getting access to justice such as Legal Aid Alberta or Student Legal Assistance.
Joel Chevrefils works with a number of experienced lawyers and is associated with Dunn and Associates in Calgary, Alberta. However, we handle files all over the Province of Alberta at all levels of Court.
We are Alberta’s Criminal Defence lawyers, committed to helping you get the best defence for your case. We have extensive experience in the field of criminal law. Whether you need a lawyer for driving offences such as impaired driving or refusal for testing or a violent offence such as sexual harassment or assault with a weapon, we have the experience and skill to help you navigate the complexities of the Alberta legal system. We consistently achieve outcomes that are positive and reasonable for our clients. The lawyers that we work with regularly include:
- Mr. Dunn is a graduate of the University of Alberta with a passion for practicing criminal law. Greg became the managing partner of the firm now known as Dunn & Associates in 2010.
- He initiated his legal career in insolvency litigation at Fraser Milner Casgrain (now Dentons), a national law firm based in Calgary, Alberta.
- In 2010, he assumed leadership as the senior and managing partner of Bascom & Fagan, one of Calgary’s oldest and most prestigious criminal defence law firms.
- An associate with a sterling academic background, Mr. Deshaye has been practicing law since 2010 after receiving his law degree from the University of Manitoba.
- Exceptional academic prowess, unyielding work ethic, and composure under pressure define Mr. Deshaye’s approach.
- Devoted to tireless efforts in your case, Mr. Deshaye is dedicated to advancing all available legal defenses to either defeat or mitigate the consequences of your criminal charges.
- Mr. Dahlem is a long-time Bow Valley resident who practices law in fluent English and French. Tyson has been practicing law since 2003.
- In 2006 , Mr. Dahlem established his own legal practice. Since that pivotal moment, he has honed his skills and devoted his career almost exclusively to criminal defense.
- His proficiency extends beyond the courtroom, as Mr. Dahlem is fluent in French, a rare asset among Alberta’s criminal lawyers. Notably, he has successfully conducted extensive trials in the French language, showcasing his versatile legal abilities.
- Born and raised in Calgary, Alberta, Vince attended university in the United Kingdom and has a Master of Arts degree majoring in International Relations from the University of St. Andrews in Scotland.
- His practice extends to both private clients and Legal Aid recipients, ensuring accessibility to justice for a wide range of individuals. He is prepared to appear in Provincial Court locations across Alberta.
- Actively engaged within the legal community, Mr. Semenuk is a proud member of the Law Society of Alberta and has also become a part of the Calgary Criminal Defence Lawyers Association and the Calgary Bar Association, further strengthening his ties to the legal profession.